9 secrets of experienced daters
1. Meeting potential mates is difficult. But by getting out among
people we can dramatically increase our chances of meeting someone
2. Pursue activities and interests you enjoy. Instead of going
out just to meet a mate, do something you find fun. People usually
meet the partner of their dreams when they aren't looking.
3. You need to break the rules. We may need to reach out across
geographical boundaries to meet someone for us. Online dating makes
that possible, but use caution with strangers.
4. Women can do the asking. It's acceptable for women to do the
asking, planning and paying for dates, and to be more assertive
in the dating scene. Women should carry name cards they can hand
to men, making it easier for men to contact them.
5. You need to be approachable. To meet new people, you have to
show a friendly face to the world. A warm smile breaks down barriers
and opens doors.
6. We need to have realistic expectations. Finding someone whose
values and standards match ours -- a good companion -- is more important
than how someone looks. And we believe we're never too old to find
love or to feel chemistry.
7. Seeking a considerably younger mate isn't the answer.
to hook up with someone who thinks as young as we think. That could
be someone older.
8. ThirdAgers want honesty. Dishonest singles who misrepresent
themselves -- on the Internet and elsewhere -- are wasting their
time and ours. Being honest up-front leaves time for more productive
9. Go to the right places. Group events and reunions are better
places to meet potential mates than singles functions, where the
ratios are unfavorable and the environment is too competitive. Parties
where invited guests are half women and half men, and where each
guest must bring a single friend of the opposite sex, level the